Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Independance Day Is Not For Passing Out!

I tricked you with the title.  I didn't pass out; my brother did.
It was the 3rd of July (for you Euros out there, that's the day before one of the biggest holidays in the USA).  I'd stayed home from church because I'd left many important parts of my church clothes back at my dorm (I was visiting my famiy for the Independance Day weekend).  So about 2 and 1/2 hours later, Lindsey comes home baring the following ill news.
Chris, Johnny just passed out and hit his head. He's in the hospital with amnesia.
Dangit!  So I rush to put on my shoes so I can go see if he's doing alright, and I go in and see him laying there all scraped up, and not even able to remember that tommorow was the 4th of flippin' July (note for the Euros: Independance Day).  I tell you, I was worried for the boy.
I waited with Grandma and my little sister in the waiting room, praying that my brother would get better, when this family who was at church when Johnny passed out and hit his head.  I forget what they said exactly, except that their daughter was going to BYU in the fall.  That's cool, because she's hot!  To get an idea, take the hottest movie star actress you can think of, and multiply by 3.  Better yet, she seemed unable to take her eyes off me.  Oh yeah, she wants me!
Okay, maybe it was because I was the only guy under the age of 50 in the room at the time, but I'm not so sure that's why she couldn't look away.  Besides, she seemed exited I'm going to BYU.  I'm going to have to look her up.
That's going to be hard, though, because I didn't get her name or anything, due to the fact that I had a brother in the friggin' hospital at the time.  It just didn't seem important.  Now that I know Johnny was fine (just a little dehydration), I wish I'd been thinking more clearly.  Man, she was hot!