Sunday, January 23, 2005

Beer: A Fool's Drink

So I'm out walking my dog, and there's this whole group of people gathered out in front of the Bundesbank(1), and they've all got beer bottles in hand, and they're singing at the top of their lungs, and badly I might add. They looked like complete imbiciles.
Another case I've seen of alcohol, a guy waddled out of the U-bahn(2)... yes, waddled... and with a completely dazed stupor on his face, proceeded to scribble on the train. Then he waddled off again, with that same stupor, looking like you could trip him and he wouldn't even notice.
Why do people really want to gather around and make themselves out to be complete fools? I'm serious; if you like alcohol, please comment and tell me why. I can't figure it out.

(1) A German word meaning "Federal Bank"
(2) A mostly underground train system, similar to the subway found in the United States