Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Key to Hapiness: Slapstick

Today I was feeling sick... again... and was dragged around to Oberursel and Hanau (two cities "close" to Frankfurt am Main, where I live) so Mom could shop for groceries. I don't know why she even needed me (She didn't even ask me to help her), but oh well.
Now, you may be thinking that this all means I had a bad day, but you'd be wrong. One of my friends has announced that she has mono (once again I'm withholding her name), and she's afraid she gave it to her boyfriend while making out on the bus. I, however, am mono free!
You see, it's all about putting life in perspective. Bad things happen to you, but rarely are they everlasting, and there will always be something good to follow. Whenever you're in a slum, remind yourself of that.
And in case you need another boost, I've put a link to a comedy routine (from TheVestibules.com) that may help you. This illustrates my theroy on why pain exists: so you can laugh at it. Other people's pain is usually hillarious! And, since you are outnumbered by the rest of the population of the world, if everyone were to laugh at everyone else's pain, we would all experience mostly happiness in our lives. That's the key to happiness: slapstick.