Saturday, January 15, 2005

Why Does Life Have to Get Serious?

I always like to look at life through rose-tinted glasses, but darn it if life doesn't make it impossible to do that. My neighbor had a stroke/heart attack/something bad, so it would be even worse if I could still look at it nicely. So now I have to sit here feeling bad for my neighbor.
You know, my life is quite good. My freind in Tailand was safe during the tsunamis, I got a broken iPAQ replaced, I did well on my mock exams, etc. And it still is. But things are always coming close to me. I've almost been struck by lightning, been trough a typhoon, been through a flood, and been through a tornado, but I've always emerged with no losses. I feel bad for those less fortunate, and wish there was some way I could give them some of my luck. I have no clue how, though.