Saturday, March 05, 2005

Mormon Ads

So, I was surfing the BYU web site, trying to look for the Freshman academy to sign up today, and I notice they have a comedy thing, which they claim is "funnier than Saturday Night Live." I'm thinking, That's not hard to do, but I clicked on it anyway, and found a whole list of Mormonad parodies (Mormonads are fake advertisments they put in the New Era church magazine).
Here's an example of these things:



Dangit! That goes against my entire way of thinking! Oh well...
Most of the parodies require you to have seen the particular Mormonads they're based on, but there are a few pearls there that don't as well (like the one above). If you're mormon, you have to read these, but if not then much of the humor will be lost on you.
And apparently, these people are starting auditions in the fall for more people. I think I'll have something to do in the fall.