Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Take THAT, Trees!

I've had a qualm with Mother Nature since I was very young. It's partly influenced by the flood I almost drowned in while living in Arizona, the tornados in Texas and Utah, having been almost struck by lightning, and being in typhoon with a tree right over my house, in just the right place to fall on it (dumb trees, always falling on things). Luckily, little happened to me in each case (including the tree, which only threatened to fall) ...but I sear, the natural forces of Earth are out to get me!
So, it's been my philosophy that I need to destroy the Earth before it can finish me off! So you can imagine how extatic I was when my church youth group decided to help one of the other members with her gardening. (For the particularly slow: I wasn't extatic at all.)
But then we got there, and I found out that this particular gardening entailed destruction to trees! Seems the tree was hanging too far over the garden shed, and was likely to break, destroying the shed. We were handed saws and asked to clear parts of the tree. I destroyed the tree with what is known as extreme predjudice.
Okay... so the tree's still there. But at least I got to destroy parts of it! Take that Mother Nature!