Monday, March 28, 2005

What in the heck?

I wasn't going to post today, but something weird is happening as I'm trying to get to sleep: namely, a bunch of people are gathered just outside the American Consulate housing complex I live on. They're making a lot of noise speaking (I can't make out exactly what, and therefore my word should not be taken as law, but it sounds like Arabic through a megaphone). There was also what felt like a small earthquake when they showed up. I looked out the window, and saw nobody with a megaphone, so I doubt my theory, but I did see an abnormal amount of activity, and people rummaging through the backs of their cars.
I just heard a truck pull up.
Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but that sure does sound like something the security around here should be looking into.
I just heard what sounded like a firework! What in the heck is going on out there?!