Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III Review

It started after a very filling dinner of Chinese food, and after the nerd induced spasm caused by people dressed as a Storm Trooper, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and about 20 Obi-Wan Kenobis and 30 Luke Skywalkers. The crowd of men living in their parents' basement cheered as the word "Star Wars" appeared on the screen. After that, there was 2 1/2 hours of people being sliced like a stick of butter.
But enough about what I did; let's get to the movie.
The movie was pretty good, but the only "jokes" were all pathetic. I think one of them was how over-hyped General Grievous was. Through the whole movie, the guy sounded like he needed an inhaler. His first line consisted of him coughing. Not talking, coughing. There was only one good "joke" in the whole movie, which was really just R2D2 lighting other robots on fire. I don't think other people found it quite as funny as I did.
It's fine, though; the movie wasn't made to be funny. It was made to be a tragedy, and fulfils that through their total destruction. Anikan burns alive, about 20 people are decapitated (many of them Jedis), General Grievous' heart is blasted into oblivion, and little children being sliced, diced, and otherwise obliterated on screen. This is not a movie for the weak, but they should get over it and see the movie anyway.
So, I guess I suggest it. Just be ready first.

(Disclaimer: That first comment was a joke; I sliced nobody. Those half corpses were already dead when I got there. *shifts eyes*)