Saturday, May 14, 2005

Track and Field

Never, ever, ever attend a DoDS (Department of Defence School) track and field event. DoDS have no organization skills whatsoever.
My parents asked me to support my brothers today in their track meet to see if they could qualify for the DoDS European championship. I figure, why not? Sports are interesting, right? Well, let's take the last event as an example (the times are accurate; I checked my watch):

4:00 pm - The final call for the mens 4x4 relay is made.
5:30 pm - The 4x4 relay begins.
5:35 pm - The 4x4 relay ends.

That's right; I had to wait one and a half hours doing absolutely nothing but sitting in the rain just to watch a five minute race. By the way, if anyone from Yahoo Weather is reading this, light rain my butt! It was a friggin' downpour in Kaiserslautern!
But on the optimistic side, the race was very good. It almost made up for the long wait.