Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hewlett Packard is Crap, part II

I sent an e-mail in to Hewlett Packard customer support yesterday. I tried hard to keep my writing from revealing just how ticked off I was.
The screen is displaying only multi-colored lines, similar to what has happened in the past when I've run magnets over old PC monitors that I don't use anymore (too see what happens). It didn't come in contact with any magnets, but rather broke while I was carrying it in my pocket while walking my dog (it worked before then). I submitted it to neither pressure nor magnets while walking my dog.
This is not the first time I've had this problem with this product. I returned an older iPAQ to the store due to the same problem.
They sent back an e-mail today. It was chaulk full of bull!
Dear HP Customer,

Thank you for contacting HP eServices.

We understand your concern. Please note that you have reached HP eServices, North America.
Let's pretend I care.
In order to resolve the issue, we request that you perform a soft reset on the iPAQ. Procedure to perform the same is given below:

1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the Today screen.
I've tried that already! HP of all people should know that the iPAQ crashes every week (at least mine did) because of memory overload, and thus requires a reset every now and then to remain operational. They're just feeding this because they obviously didn't read my e-mail, which I re-emphasize said:
The screen is displaying only multi-colored lines, similar to what has happened in the past when I've run magnets over old PC monitors...
Great customer support, morons!
The moral of this story: HP is ripping off their customers, and couldn't care less. Don't do business with them if you know what's good for you.