Sunday, April 10, 2005

Successful Trial

I got some new movie editing software, and just had a succesful run with it today.
I know what you're thinking... "What the heck are you talking about Chris? It's just video editing software. Why does that need a trial run?" It doesn't. The problem is I'm trying to make the #1 Blog in the World without spending any money on it that I didn't actually spend on something else. That means I had to make sound videos without a sound video camera.
Yep, I can do that. Wanna know how? (If not, skip the next two paragraphs).
I got a cheap $29.99 digital camera from Wal-Mart (the last time I was in the United States) that does silent .mov movies. But I also have an iPAQ (Hewlett Packard Pocket PC) that takes sound memos in .wav sound format. I also have Windows XP with Windows Movie Maker.
The first thing I needed to do was convert the silent movie into something I could work with in Windows Movie Maker (it doesn't do .mov files, because they're apple files). So I found some online file conversion software, edited it for my needs, and finally converted the .mov file to a .avi file. After that, I loaded the .avi file into Windows Movie Maker and meshed the sound file over it.
The movie's really low quality, but that's fine; it just means my blog is iPAQ friendly. I'm not loading the movie file onto the blog (the movie plays like a test, meaning it's awful), but at least I know I'm capable of it for tommorow. I'll post if I get material. Anyway, my point is I rock!