Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Calm Before The Storm

Usually the day before moving is the most hectic day in you life. I mean, there's packing for the plane ride, prepping on the house for its new owners, etc. Yet everything's calm.
Too calm.
It feels like the calm before a typhoon. It's eerily pleasant, then BOOM! Stuff's flying all over the place, people are being fried by stepping in the same puddles as electrical wiring has fallen into, and a tree's about to fall on your house (all from personal experience). If I'm being completely honest, it feels like the plane's going to explode over the Atlantic ocean and I'll be stranded on an island!
I shouldn't say such things, since I might jinx it, but man does it feel weird to be calm the day before the plane ride.
It may be more predictable than that, though. Dad informed me of this terrible truth:
You guys might not get Internet acess.
So, frustrating as it may be, I may not update my blog even after landing in Utah. But hey, it beats starving on an island in the Atlantic. Except for you, my faithful readers (suckers!).