Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Veganism

I was watching Trading Spouses one night while tending to my recent surgery. On it, they decided to switch a vegan with someone who thrived on meat. It was a very educational show for me, because I did not previously know just how annoying and self righteous some vegans can be.
The most annoying thing was how the vegan thought she was morally superior to all, and needed to change the entire state of Louisiana. Let's look at the facts:
  1. She's willingly participating in a show where she cheats on her husband.
  2. She's doing the above for $50,000 dollars (greed).
She's not morally superior to anybody! Yet she goes on preaching veganism like anybody who's not a vegan is a great sinner. She actually called the aligator hunting establishment she was sent to "like an alligator holocaust."
Alligators kill and then eat other animals! If it were to continue living, it's natural diet would kill any animal that happened to be to close the river, which includes people. By destroying an alligators, you actually save life.
But herbivores aren't innocent either. Carnivores keep them from eating up all the vegetation and causing a painful and slow death for all the other plant eaters out there.
"But wait," you veggies and vegans say. "Chris, you don't have to hurt them. Let nature take it's course." I say, yeah. Let nature take it's course. Last time I checked, humans ( homo sapien) are part of the animal kingdom. By trying to force me to eat other than is natural for me, you are attempting to ruin the balance of nature! Some eco-freak you turned out to be!
Now, somebody's going to say, "but humans are the only animals with the power to abstain from their natural will to eat meat." Your very argument is part of the reason I eat meat. Animals are too stupid to know what's going on around them. They don't feel loss when a member of their family dies (at least, not the animals I eat). They just continue pecking seeds, chewing the grass they've puked from their third stomach, or eat the rotting disgusting leftovers of the farmer who bought him. All they know is that either they are happy or they are sad. And the fact is, most of them are sad much of the time. They don't want to be on the earth, so I am removing them from it.
"You can't possibly know what animals want," you say. Of course I can't, but neither can you. As far as you know, you are extending their agony well beyond what they can bare. At least I know I am getting protein and a friggin' good steak out of the meat.
You're all welcome to do what you want with your diet, but my diet includes meat, end of story. I don't feel guilty.
By the way, I welcome vegans' and vegetarians' comments. But you lose suckers!