Monday, June 20, 2005

Online Quizes

I went to Blogthings.com today, following the lead of my friend from St. George, Nate. I found one that is supposed to tell you your political alliance (you can see my results at the bottom of this post, if you care).
I probably should have stopped when I found this question:
14. Everyone has a right to health care, even if they can't afford it

False

True
Of course it's true. Nobody with a soul believes it's not. The problem is feasability (something that many of you idiots out there can't understand). The US does not force people into a job they do not want to do, which is part of the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of hapiness" thing the founding fathers wrote about in the declaration of independance. If everybody is given free heath care, it either has to come out of an already suffering government's pockets, the hospital's, or everybody in the whole friggin' country has to pay for that bum who doesn't want a job at all. Now personally, I don't think I should suffer just because that guy's not trying to get healthcare. And if the money comes from the hospital, they will have less money for research, and thereby end up giving us crappier service.
Online quizes are always setting traps like that, biasing you toward one point of view or another, so that whoever set up the friggin' thing's opinions ultimately come out on top.
That's not cool. Stay away from online quizes.
(I'd give more examples but I don't want to bore you any more.)










My Political Profile



Overall: 65% Conservative, 35% Liberal

Social Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal