Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Scaring Game

Years ago, when I was still very young, my cousins, siblings and I invented the greatest game in the world: the scaring game. The whole point of the game is to scare the pants off of somebody wandering aimlessly around a dark room. My cousins, siblings and I play without points, but points can be awarded for each time you scare someone.
Just saturday was my 5 year old cousin's first time playing. He hasn't started kindergarten yet.
This kid was good. He found every hiding place that my siblings, other cousins and I were too big to fit into anymore. He snuck out of places we'd forgotten existed! And what's more, he was even able to slink around the basement we were playing in unseen when it was his turn to be scared, denying us many of our best hiding spot.
This was after the rest of our family insisted he was too young.
People have too little faith in small children. Small children can handle alot if given a chance. So the next time you see a child, offer to scare the pants off of said child.