Thursday, June 02, 2005

Playing God

I'm back! Even though they took my computer, and took all my other crap, I'm still back!
Anyway, while preparing for the move, I found a game I thought I'd lost in Korea, namely "Creatures 2." I did have time to blog once during my absence, but I decided to play Creatures instead.
What is Creatures?
Creatures is an experiment in computer programming. Basically, the creators decided to see if they could create real life using only computer code. Let me re-emphasize, real life!
It's like a gigapet, only nowhere near as annoying, and about a million times more competant. Owning creatures is like owning an aquarium where you get to talk to the fishes. That's right, you get to talk to the things. They're not fishes though, because they can drown.
They look like this in Creatures 2:

I could give you a review, but the game is very rare these days, and a pain to get to run on Windows XP (it came out years ago). So instead, I'll link to the dumbed down version of Creatures 3, called Docking Station, so you can try it yourself. It can run on either Windows or Linux, but requires you to register online.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make sure the packers didn't pack any of my carry on luggage or anything.