Thursday, February 17, 2005

I've Earned Trust, So Why Don't I Get It?

Today, I've been feeling sick. Anyone should be able to see that; I've been moving much more slowly today than is normal, hacking my lungs out, wheezing, and clutching my head due to an awful headache I have. Still, my mother wants to take me to the gym. I tell her I'm not feeling well enough to go to the gym, and she says, "Of course."
What the heck's that supposed to mean? It seems she thinks I'm faking it. "I really am sick, mom," I say, despite my sore throat.
"I didn't say you weren't," she responds. "But you always feel sick when we go to exercise."
That's complete bull. I've been going ever since she started us doing this on Monday. Plus, I've enjoyed going (it's obvious from the smile on my face afterwards). Why would I get "conveniently sick" on purpose?
I've not lied to my mother since I was around 8 years old, and mom knows it. Why would she stop trusting me all of the sudden? I don't think she should.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go rest and heal.