Monday, February 14, 2005

My First Nightmare in Years...

I rarely ever have nightmares, but last night my imagination ran away with me.
In my dream, my family and I showed up to my Grandmother's house, to find three gothic looking occupants instead. They forebade me and my family from ever leaving the house. Later in the night, I couldn't get to sleep, and went out for a walk, and I saw that they had a sacrificial alter. And, like in most of my dreams, I was psychic and used my powers to deduce that they planned to drink my blood to absorb my youth. Then I woke up.
Later, after I went back to sleep, I was with a black kid in an orphanage (although I was not an orphan). The orphanage mother told the kid that his parents were coming to get him, but then they took the kid and abandonded him themselves underneath a bridge on the freeway (it was too wide to be the Auto-bahn, so I could tell this dream took place in the USA). I tried to get a cop to help the kid, but the cop said that he'd be fine, and also said that his parents would be along shortly to pick him up. So I went to the kid, in hopes of explaining this to him. First I asked him if he spoke English, and he said, "A bit." I explained that his parents would be along shortly to pick him up, but the kid kept on frowning. I woke up to an alarm on my iPAQ before he could answer.
So yeah, the first dream was much scarier, but they were both really wierd and dreary (and if you've been reading this blog for a while, you know I hate dreary). I think a dreamless night would have been better.