Monday, February 28, 2005

Utah is Awsome

I was browsing "The Best Page in the Universe," and I discovered that Maddox writes about my home state. I gotta say, he says some pretty mean things about it, especially Lagoon (I love that place). Let's pick out my favorite parts of his essay:
The food here [is awful]. There's no place decent to eat.
Bull! You get Arby's, the Pizza Factory, Little Ceasers, and friggin' Artic Circle! Over here you get a bunch of little resteraunts selling sauerkraut, pizza that tastes like old people, and bread hard enough to double as a bomb shelter! Trust me, compared to elsewhere, Utah food rocks!
Everything is illegal in Utah.
So? Your close to Vegas for gambling, you're close to Wyoming for fireworks... heck, Utah's got it made! Just get off your lazy cheeks and roll over, and you're somewhere with looser laws.
On the other hand, here in Germany you can't even pass someone in the right lane of traffic. And then they don't pass laws here you will inevitably wish they did (like, no peeing on people's houses).
Also, my I remind you of this beautiful law.
Horrible local television.
At least Utah's not still showing episodes of Disney's "Gummi Bears" (Germany still is, and it's awfully dubbed, too).
The traffic is horrible.
After being in South Korea where they make six lanes out of four, and Germany where they get out of their cars in the middle of the friggin' street (it's worse than China, the light's not even red when the German's do it), I'll be thankful to be back in Utah traffic.
Look, there's a reason I want to move back; Utah rocks! The only time you'll have problems is if you attend the University of Utah, and that's your fault (not Utah's, U of U people don't know how to live in Utah)! Go hang out at BYU and things will be better.