Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Math Teacher's Goal: Make Math Worse

Now, before I go on, let me explain to those of you out there taking American math courses, I wish I was in your shoes. Your math teachers try to make Math harder by making difficult problems, but so that things aren't too difficult to check they at least allow mulitple choice. I wish my math teacher did that. Instead, he has to follow by the IB diploma math teachers, who never even see my work. Not only does that mean the most difficult math problems they can give me, but also essays! Math essays!
Man, and I thought I had it bad when I was taking 9th grade geometry four years ago! Now, they give us a packet four pages (double sided) long of criterion for writing said essay, and a paper telling us what to write about. Then we have to come back with a four page essay according to said papers! And that's on top of an English assignment, two Chemistry lab reports, and the fact that I have to prepare to move back to the States in June! I hate the IB!
People of the United States, be thankful for the AP system; you have no clue how lucky you are to have it.